Monday, August 15, 2016

Writer & Translator Chris McGowan


I am an American writer, humorist, and translator.

JOURNALIST/BLOGGER: I have blogged and written articles about many subjects -- music, new media, travel, and energy and environmental issues -- for The Huffington Post, Billboard, the Los Angeles Times, Los Angeles magazine, L.A. Weekly and many other publications.

AUTHOR: I have published two books about Brazilian music -- The Brazilian Sound (Temple University Press) and The Brazilian Music Book (a collection of interviews) -- and co-authored a history of interactive media (Entertainment in the Cyber Zone: Exploring the Interactive Universe of Multimedia, Random House).

THE BRAZILIAN SOUND: My book The Brazilian Sound: Samba, Bossa Nova and the Popular Music of Brazil is now in its 3rd U.S. edition, and has been translated into French, German and Japanese versions. I have been interviewed by the BBC, the New York Times, the Associated Press, Radio New Zealand, Japanese television, and various NPR stations about Brazilian music and culture.

TRANSLATOR: As a translator (Portuguese/English), I have worked on translations for Ernst & Young, IBAMA (Brazilian Ministry of the Environment), USAID, Chevron, Vale, Petrobras, Bradesco, TV Globo, SBT, Routledge Books, and many translations of academic papers as well as two books.

PUBLICITY: In the publicity realm, I have written introductions, liner notes, bios, and/or press releases for Starbucks Music, the Voyager Company, Elektra Records, Columbia Records, Narada Records, and Rhino Records.

Read my blogs and find my books here:





I can be reached at:



_______

No comments: